Friday, May 22, 2009

Oil Service

I was driving around and got an urge to change the oils. The engine sound was so awful, that I was afraid it will brake down on me. So, I visited our local car part shop and spotted some interesting oils in there.



Valvoline MAX LIFE! Engine oil for old engines :D

My first thought was "yeah right..." and I passed the oil cans. But then my interests started to tickle me and I walked back. I red the little prints, which were rather stimulating :) It promised to be good oil for old seals etc etc, so I thought "why not". I bought it and new cheap oil filter and changed them under warm spring sun.

I also changed the oil filter. Cheap basic filter, probably much poorer than the Nissan OEM :/ Didn't have any better at hand and other bad excuses. Kids, never do as I do, do as i tell you! And I tell you to use proper parts on your vehicles! :D



I must say that I was happily surprised! It seemed to run smoother, it was more quiet (which is normal after oil change) and it has kept that way ever after the oil change. So my conclusion is, it was good stuff for my engine :) I hope I haven't flooded it with fuel already, cause today it smelled kinda stinging, like it does after excessive flooding of fuel in the cylinders.

I left the DSG rather late, and for my surprise, it was snowing! Fook!



Don't you just love Finnish weather?

M

No comments:

Post a Comment