Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Yet another annoying rattle

Even though the heat shields are very useful, they can also be a pain in the butt for an owner of a fairly old vehicle.

I guess my March's heat shield did not like all that heat I managed to produce on my trips to Turku. The engine was running way too hot all the time, I can tell this from the spark plugs [which are white] and from the performance which was simply non-existing.

So, I lifted the FWD-March up to see the damage.



And what did I find this time - the rear end of the heat shield had totally failed from the attachments and cracked after vibrating wildly of the fierce velocity of Mach 2 [see the older posts].

Heat shield has been attached, but is not any longer.

The cracking. Right in front of the Lambda probe.


The tools, and Sandels, to the rescue! Hose clamp, heavy duty version, can do the job as I want. Securing the heat shield where it belongs!

Tools and essentials.


The result from this view point

The result from this view point


As a result, I did not hear any side noises anymore. Thus, I was successful!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment